I just looked under the "Impact" tab of the UnitedProsperity.org website, and saw that a large number of early guarantees/loans have now been fully repaid, which is really good to see!!!

While the issues affecting the microfiannce sector in India are out of the control of United Prosperity management, it is to the credit of the UP team that the re-paymetns are coming in, and it seems they are coming in very consistently, reflecting positively on selection of MFI partner and entrepreneurs, indeed on the entire process!

Once more loans are fully repaid, it would be useful to provide statistics on default rates. If they are as low as I think they are, this should be advertised on the home page, as this might attract more guarantors to the website once new guarantees are posted.

Well done to Bhalchander and everyone involved at UP!

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Andreas,

Yes, a lot of loans have been repaid. I am glad that we escaped the crisis. When we started work in 2009, it seemed counter intuitive to work in Jharkhand and Bihar as these states were considered very backward with very little work in microfinance. Some people even suggested that we should start in the south i.e. Andhra Pradesh or some other states as these states had a long history of microfinance and were that time considered low risk.

I think we have been fortunate in having a very good partner on the ground who has excellent support of the local community.

Bhalchander

Default rate is stil 0 %  !!!

RSS

Latest Activity

Mysteron347 and Bhalchander Vishwanath are now friends
Jul 5, 2014
Sverre Skimmeland replied to Andreas Stephens's discussion Loans fully repaid!
"Default rate is stil 0 %  !!!"
Jun 18, 2014
Sverre Skimmeland replied to Richa Pokhriyal's discussion New group for lenders on Facebook
"Good idea"
Jun 18, 2014
Sverre Skimmeland replied to Grant's discussion Please use the money in your account
"Good idea"
Jun 18, 2014
Profile IconMellisa Gabriel, Ruby Timm, Alejandrina Sylvester and 13 more joined UnitedProsperity.org Lender Community
Jun 18, 2014

© 2017   Created by Bhalchander Vishwanath.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service